Hangzhou Airport · Xiaoshan · China
08 · 2005
Hangzhou and the region Zhejian experiences high growth rates at the moment, as well in the economic development as in the quantity of the population. Also the rank of being one of the most beautiful cities in China attracts tourists.
For this local value the expansion of the International airport of Hangzhou is indebted. The master plan ought to assure as well the desired extension to a national / domestic Hub in China as a maximum of flexibility and capacity
Beside the creation of an optimal airport geometry, landside and airside, the development of a symbolic and identity finding form/figure is of vital importance for the total area.
The overlap of the Lotus leaf (Hangzhou: City of lakes) and the cartwheel (National hub: HUB) result in a big shape, which defines an airport city beside the terminals and the approach roads. This means for the airport operators beside the good organisation of parking spaces and the subway connections a maximum utilisation realisable spaces
Project facts and figures
- Client: Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport Ltd.
- Planning: K+P Architekten und Stadtplaner GmbH, Ismaninger Str. 57, 81675 München. In cooperation with Obermeyer Consulting Engineers (Shanghai Ltd) + Zhejiang Architecture Design and Research Institute
- Structural engineering: Krebs und Kiefer Beratende Ingenieure, Darmstadt
- Traffic Engineering Landsite: Krebs und Kiefer Beratende Ingenieure, Darmstadt
- Airport consulting engineers: act aerodrome consulting team GmbH, Stuttgart
- Gross floor area: 230.000 sqm + Parking spaces 219.000 sq m, there of: 102.000 sqm underground, 117.000 sqm outside
- Total area: 150.000 sqm, there of 50.000 sqm international terminal, 100.000 sqm domestic terminal
- Total stands: 156
- Contact stands: 109 = 70 %
- Remote stands: 47 = 30 %
- Passenger movements: annual 52 Mio.
- Passengers / flight 118