Airport Hannover Terminal B und C
12 · 2017
Reorganization of the Terminals B and C Airport Hannover and construction of two connecting corridors in the departure level.
Due to the increasing demands of aviation security, the centralisation of security checks was necessary. The optimization of the passenger flow and procedures in the terminal
were the key objectives of our design. The connection of terminal A, B and C provides facilities
for transfer-flights as well as synergy potantial for several passenger and airport operations.
A specific challenge of the project was that the foundation of the new corridors had to be integrated in the apron with an existing railway tunnel underneath. The south facades are designed without external sun-protection to provide passengers undisturbed views to the apron.
- Location: Hannover, Germany
- Client: Flughafen Hannover-Langenhagen GmbH
- Planning time: 2016 - 2018
- Construction: 2018 - 2020
- Services: All services in cooperation with Martienssen Architekten + Ingenieure Hannover
- Gross floor area: 19,730 qm