Refurbishment Hannover Airport
05 · 2013
Following a feasibility study for the redesign of Terminals A, B and C of the airport Hannover-Langenhagen, K+P was commissioned in December 2011 with the planning of Terminal A.
Due to the increasing demands of aviation security, the centralisation of security checks was necessary. The optimisation of the passenger flow and procedures in the terminal were the key objectives of our design. The small-scale waiting areas were removed and the duty-free shops were combined as an attractive walk-through store in the new open-space waiting areas.
- Location: Hannover, Germany
- Client: Flughafen Hannover-Langenhagen GmbH
- Planning time: 12/2010 - 08/2012 K + P
- Construction: 10/2013 - 08/2014
- Services: Preliminary and Final Design, including Building Permission Application
- Gross floor area: 6.200 qm